Sunday, April 19, 2015

Hello There!

Hi Teacher Friends!  I see the month of April is half over.
Time sure flies when you are having fun.  :)
We are on our last nine weeks of school and we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Here are a few things we have been working on the past few weeks.

First up, our little bunnies made from TLC's PreK Spring book.  Who knew the Easter Bunny had such cute green eyeglasses?



This is my class' contribution to the egg hunt for kindergarten.  All five kindergarten classes participated in the egg hunt together.  Just look at all that candy craziness!

I am so proud of my kiddos' writing.  Each year it just amazes me how kindergartners can write.  We write every day and it pays off at this time of the year.  I also use Deedee Wills' and Deanna Jumps' writing units.  Those units have transformed how I teach writing.  I love those units!   All my kinderkids are writers and are so proud of each thing they write. 
 My dog is fast.  He is big too.  I love my dog.  He is fun.

When I was a baby, I was a little chubby but I was cute. 
(I love kinderkid spelling.  Just look at how this little girl sounded out and spelled the word cute.  She wrote it just like it sounds.  So cute!)

I like the school.  You know why?  Because we have the best principal.
(Our school secretary copied this for our principal.  The little girl who wrote this thought that was just the berries!) 

I like to go to the zoo and see an elephant.

Bunnies are my favorite pets ever because they eat carrots and so do I.

Our Science lessons have been all about living and nonliving.
I like to use hula hoops with the whole class when we do a sorting activity.  I printed out several pictures and placed them in the grab bag.  Each child took a turn choosing a picture and then explaining which group the picture belonged in.

We have finished our Math lessons on subtraction.  I used this Pete the Cat book to introduce the concept of subtraction.  It is an excellent book for this.  I love that the pages include the subtraction number sentence as Pete loses each button.  My class loved the Pete book.  They giggled and giggled at the belly button part.  Belly buttons are sooooo funny to kindergarten kids.


We have moved on to the money chapter in Math.  I made these work mats by using a pig note pad and gluing a page onto construction paper.  My boys and girls were so excited to work with the play money.  The excitement and conversations that were going on while we explored the money were great.

We have been learning about state symbols.  We made these tissue paper bluebonnets.

Well this week brings state testing for our big kids and a field trip for our little kids.  We always take the kinderkids on a field trip on one of the testing days to get our littles out of the building.

I hope you all have a great week.

Signature

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I just found your blog through Pinterest and realized you're from Oklahoma! I've been looking for fellow Okie bloggers. I teach Kindergarten in Eastern Oklahoma. We need to do an Okie blogger meet-up! Please visit my blog :) mrsagentsclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Agent! My sister and I are so glad you found our blog. We are looking forward to checking out your blog. Hope you have a great end of the school year and a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete