Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Let's Talk About Books-Favorite Book Linky

Hi Teacher Friends!  The school year is over and summer break has started.  :)  No more early alarm clocks, no more paperwork deadlines, and no more long commutes at least until August rolls around.

We are joining in with Mrs. Jump's fun, favorite books linky.  
(I'm just a day late, but it's summer break right?)


The librarian at my school shared this book with me about two years ago.  I was on the lookout for  wordless picture books to use as part of a lesson.  She suggested this book and I am so glad she did.  My kindergarten class loved it and asked me to read it again and again.  When I tried to check out the book this year, the librarian told me it had been lost and she was ordering another copy of the book.  So, I had to wait until the new copy arrived to share it with this year's kindergartners.  It was worth the wait.

Chalk by Bill Thomson 

The book begins with three friends walking to the park on a rainy day.  They find a bag with sidewalk chalk in it.  The three friends do what all little kids do with sidewalk chalk, they begin to draw pictures on the concrete.  Then the action begins!  I don't want to give away any of the great adventures the kids have in the fun book.  Be sure to share this book with your class.  It is sure to become a class favorite.

If  you are still in school, hang in there summer break is just around the corner.  If your school is out for the summer, we hope you are enjoying your summer break!



Signature

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great book to share at the end of year! Thanks for sharing!

    A Teacher Without A Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. Hope you are having a great summer! :)

    ReplyDelete