Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Favorite Books Linky

Hi Teacher Friends!  We are joining in with Mrs. Jump's favorite books linky.



Do you know Mrs. Wishy-Washy?  I hope you do.  These stories are so much fun.  
Each year as I read these books to the kids, the kids laugh and then begin this "I'm the dog" ,  "No, I'm the dog" debate.  It can go on and on and it doesn't matter what character.  One will say "I'm the duck" and then someone else will say "No, I'm the duck"! 
Does your class do this?  

We use the little animals, the apron, small bucket and scrub brush to act out and retell the story events.  We also sequence the story events.

Mrs. Wishy-Washy's Farm by Joy Cowley
 

Mrs. Wishy-Washy and Wishy-Washy Day
both by Joy Cowley



This is one of our projects from the TLC's More People book.  (This is the woman project from the book.) We try to make these each year as we learn about letter Ww and read about Mrs. Wishy-Washy's adventures. Here is the link to TLC's website.   



Have a great summer day everyone!



Signature

2 comments:

  1. I remember reading Mrs. Wishy Washy when I was in Kindergarten! Love the craft!

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book and my kids love enacting out the roles.

    Cheers
    Neha
    Spoonfulsof kindergarten

    ReplyDelete