Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Favorite Books Linky ~ Let's Talk About Books!

Hi Teacher Friends!  Well, it's Tuesday again and that means it is time to join Mrs. Jump's fun "We Love Books" linky this summer.  We would like to send out a big THANK YOU to Mrs. Jump for hosting this linky.



My students love the series of Bear books by Karma Wilson with illustrations by Jane Chapman.  They can't get enough of the adventures of Bear and his friends.  


I love the illustrations as well as the stories in this series.  One of my favorite illustrations is from the Christmas story Bear Stays Up for Christmas when Bear is sooooo sleepy and his eye lids are sooooo heavy but he tries to stay up for Christmas.   I love the story in  Bear Feels Sick.  The animals show such kindness to their friend Bear while he is under the weather.  Then Bear returns the kindness when his friends become sick. These are great lessons that all kindergarten kids can learn from.


Continuing along with the bear theme is this book.  My class really enjoyed this book.  They asked me to read this book over and over again.  :)
Goldie Socks and the Three Libearians by Jackie Mims Hopkins.

This book follows the adventures of Goldie Socks and her love of books.  It has a great surprise ending that my class loved!

I so enjoyed reading about all the great books that others shared on Mrs. Jump's linky last week.   I can't wait to check out all the new additions this week.

Hope you have a great day!


Signature

3 comments:

  1. It would be fun to do a mini-study of this series. Thanks for sharing! Jayne
    Smart Kids
    ABCs of Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. A mini-study is a great idea! Hope you are having a great summer. :)

    ReplyDelete