Friday, May 9, 2014

Five for Friday!

Hi Teacher Friends!  What a week.  We are linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching weekly Five for Friday linky.  I am just tickled pink because I was able to get this post ready and posted on Friday. Yeah!


Be sure to stop by Doodle Bugs Teaching site and check out all the great teacher blogs who have joined in for the linky.



This sweet little story was written by one of my kindergirls for teacher appreciation.  She worked so hard writing down my name and the name of the four other kindergarten teachers.  (I covered up the names to protect the glamorous.  Ha! Ha!)  What makes this so cute (at least I think so) is our outfits.  Just look at that dazzling group of kindergarten teachers in their fabulous evening gowns!

By the way, I'm the super tall, glamorous one in the RED dress! :)


 We love Mrs. Wishy-Washy!   We have had a great time retelling the stories with the props.

We created Mrs. Wishy-Washy by using the woman pattern from TLC's More People book.  Here is the link to Kaye's TLC website.  Be sure to check it out.  www.tlclessons.com




We created these for Mother's Day gifts.  They turned out so cute.  I found this idea on Maria's Kinder-Craze blog.   
Be sure to check out Maria's great site.
 Thank you Maria for sharing!


 We have been learning about living and non-living in science.  We've learned all about the basic needs that living things need. We focused on the needs of plants.  This is one of our journal entries this week.

Here is our journal entry for labeling the parts of a plant.  At the top of the page, this little kinderkid wrote "I love bluebonnets."  A little extra bonus points for this one, those are my favorite flower.




Yeehaw!   
19 days and counting.
How many school days do you have left?
My sister has 9 days.  And yes, I'm mad at her for that. 
 (Just kidding, love ya sis!)


That's all for now.  Have a great weekend. 






Signature

5 comments:

  1. your hand print flowers are adorable! I did something very similar with my kiddos! :) I think I've got 21 days! It's going so fast!

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! Thanks so much for your kind comment. My sister and I hope your last few days of the school year go great! :)

      Delete
  2. I love your Miss Wishy Washy!!! I will have to add that to my farm unit!
    I am a new follower.
    Mrs. Spriggs’ Kindergarten Pond

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa! Thanks so much for your kind comment and being our newest follower. We hope you have a great end of the school year and a wonderful summer! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi, I thought that this new teacher-seller website might interest you. They are based in Canada and offer features that are not found on similar sites. They also have a lot of new features coming. Here is a link: Created by Teachers, Exclusively for Teachers

    ReplyDelete