Saturday, April 26, 2014

Five for Friday on Saturday!

Hi Teacher Friends!  We are linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her fun weekly linky party.  Some of these pictures are from last week and this week.  School has just been soooo busy with Easter parties, state testing, field trips and not to mention our regular lessons.  
How many days until summer???

Be sure to check out Doodle Bugs Teaching site http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/


#1 Bluebonnets !

We have been busy learning about our state symbols.  We made these beautiful bluebonnets.  The kids were given the stem and leaf pattern.  They added their own tissue paper petals by using the eraser end of their pencil, liquid school glue and small squares of tissue paper.  The kids were so focused.  This was great fine motor practice.  (The idea and pattern for the bluebonnets were shared with me many moons ago when I taught third grade by one of my third grade coworkers.) 
 The bluebonnets are my favorite and my students' favorites.  On my commute to school, I can see patches of bluebonnets along the highway.  It just brightens my day.  This week we had to go on a field trip-time for us to "get out of Dodge" so to speak.  All us littles get out of the building while the big kids complete state testing.  When we were on the bus going to our field trip destination, the kids were so excited looking out the bus windows and calling out "I see bluebonnets!"

#2 TLC Easter Bunnies !


We created these TLC bunnies to add a spring touch to our classroom.  These bunnies just make me and the kinderkids smile.  We used TLC's  Pre-Kindergarten Lessons book for the bunnies.  Check out Kaye's site at www.tlclessons.com.  I have written before how much my class loves completing TLC projects and these lil bunnies were just the thing we needed.  Some of the kids asked if they could bend one bunny ear down and that just made the bunnies even cuter.

#3 Dinosaurs Roar !

I couldn't resist snapping a picture of this little dinosaur scene.  We were cleaning up centers one afternoon and one little kinderboy was spending too much time cleaning up with the dinosaurs. I told him to hurry up because we had to go out to the front lobby for dismissal.  After dismissal, I saw this.  He had lined up the mama dinosaurs across from the baby dinosaurs.

#4 Graduation Time Already?

Yes, these are our school graduation caps and gowns for kindergarten.  It is hard to believe that graduation day is just around the corner.  It won't be long before we need to begin practicing for the graduation program.  (I have the caps and gowns out for graduation picture day.  I decided to leave them out until the big day so I don't have to iron those twice.)

#5 Pigeon Fun !


Oh my!  My class of kinders have a new favorite character, the pigeon. They just love all the pigeon books by Mo Willems.  I ordered a set of pigeon books from Scholastic and I have had to read the books to my class over and over again.  They just can't get enough of that pigeon.  We made these cute pigeons following April from Chalk Talk's directions.  We have enjoyed the books and April's project this week. 
Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late and Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus are favorites along with The Pigeon Finds a Hotdog.  The newest book The Pigeon Needs a Bath makes the kids laugh!
Be sure to check out April's site at http://larremoreteachertips.blogspot.com



That's all for now.  Have a great weekend everyone!


Signature

2 comments:

  1. What a fun week! I might have to go check out those pigeons for my library! And those little graduation gowns are adorable!
    :) Dana
    Common to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dana! It was a busy and fun week. Those are always the best weeks. My sister and I hope you had a busy, fun week also. We appreciate your kind comments. :)

    ReplyDelete