Friday, January 31, 2014

Five for Friday

Hi Teacher Friends!  It's Friday and we are participating in Doodle Bugs Teaching Five for Friday linky.

 http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com

#1  Special Classroom Visitors
We had teddy bear day this week.  It always amazes me how something so simple as bringing your favorite stuffed animal to school makes the kinderkids so-o-o-o-o happy and excited.

We sorted and graphed our bears.  I have seen this idea for graphing on several teacher sites.  A big THANK YOU goes out to all those teachers who share their great ideas with others. 

We measured our bears using linking cubes.   I found this idea on measuring each bear on Mrs. Pohlmeyer's Kinderpage.  Sadly, this site is closed.  :(    
I remember looking at her site for hours.  She had so many neat ideas and pictures to share.

#2 Class Favorites
We read from a variety of bear themed books this week.  My kinderkids absolutely love the Bear books by Karma Wilson.  The class can't get enough of them.
 This is a new book for me and my class.  They loved Goldie Socks and asked for me to read it again and again.

#3 Characters and Setting
We used the book Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson to identify the characters and setting.
Using post-it notes is super easy.  The kids can easily draw a quick picture and then add it to the chart by themselves while I help those who need it. 

#4  February!
Where did January go???  Before I left school this afternoon, I switched out the calendar and got things ready for Monday and February.  

#5  February Month Song and Poem
I found this song a long time ago on the internet.  It is sung to the tune of Frere Jacques (Brother John).   If you know the oringinal source, please leave a comment.  I would like to give credit where credit is due.

I found this poem on Victoria Smith's Kinder Korner site (www.kinderkorner.com)  and on Mrs. Pohlmeyer's Kinderpage a long time ago as well.  My kiddoes love using a pointer to track the print in this poem.
That's all for now. 
 Have a great weekend!  :)



Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment