Saturday, April 13, 2013

Busy in Kinder

Hi Teacher Friends!  We have been busy, busy, busy in kindergarten.  We've been on a field trip, had our graduation pictures taken, and been SUPER QUIET in the building while the big kids practice for their tests.  Here are some writing samples from my kinderkids.  I know I have posted about this before but I love the writing units from Deanna Jump and Deedee Wills.  My class LOVES writing time in our classroom.  My school district requires us to collect two personal narrative writing samples from each child every six week grading period.  Here are a few recent samples.

Writing Sample #1: This little kinder loves writing and making books.  The sample is four pages.
On my first day of school I been good.  I got on purple.
 
I sat on the carpet quietly.
 
I played tag with (classmate's name).
 
At last I played centers.
 
 
 
Writing Sample #2:  This little kinder has come so-o-o-o far!  I can see spacing between words, sight words used correctly, and complete thoughts.  Yeah!
I like doing good. 
 I got on purple. 
It is good.  I like
to get on purple.
 
 
 
Writing Sample #3:  This writing could be used in a commercial to promote tourism.  :)
I went to New York City.  It was fun. 
I got to have good food.  I love New York City.  It was fun.
The end.
 
 
 
Writing Sample #4:  This sample is from a future movie critic.  :)
One day I went to the movie theater and I saw The Croods.  The Croods are so funny so much I laughed the whole entire movie.  I will never want to leave.
 
 
 
Writing Sample #5:  This little kinder has made so-o-o-o much progress as well.  This little kinder worked so hard to complete this.  If you look closely, there is a small round sticker in the top left corner from our principal.  This little kinder read to our principal and they both were so proud!  The look on that child's face was priceless.   :) 
One day I raced.  I like racing races.  The end.
 
 
 
I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed teaching writing to my kinders this year.  Deanna's and Deedee's writing units are fantastic!  These ladies know their stuff and know what they are talking about.  Here are links to their great sites.  www.mrswillskindergarten.com
and http://mrsjumpsclass.blogspot.com  Be sure to check them out.
 
We will begin our last six weeks (which is really seven weeks) grading period on Monday.  It is hard to believe how quickly the school year is going.  Before I know it, we will begin practicing for the kindergarten graduation program and then summer vacation!
 
Have a great week at school!  :)
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment