Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Little St. Patrick's Fun

Hi Teacher Friends!  Since St. Patrick's Day fell on a Sunday and when we were on spring break, my students and I enjoyed a little fun this past week with all things green.  We read several fun books about leprechauns and St. Patrick's Day.  Then, we were one step behind that tricky lil leprechaun all week.  He kept messing things up in our classroom. 

Patterns blocks all over the play kitchen area!
 
Extra crayons all over the carpet squares!
 
We also found scraps of paper all over the floor and our carpet square rug turned completely around. 
The kinderkids were so-o-o-o excited each time we returned to our classroom and found the leprechaun's mischief and shenanigans.  It was difficult to snap a few pictures.  They had all the stuff picked up and put back in place before I could grab my camera!  :)
 
By Friday, we had hatched a plan.  We were going to build traps and catch that lil leprechaun.
 
 
I got four paper boxes from the office for the kids to use as traps.  The boys and girls had so much fun decorating.  I put out green and yellow construction paper and the kids went to work.  I could hear their discussions and they were so cute.  They worked so hard sounding out "free gold".  I loved how they worked together at each table.
 
Here is the message that our lil leprechaun left for us on Friday afternoon.
 
 
 
In other news, my sister found these cute felt bags at Walmart in the Easter section.  They are similar to ones we have found in the Target dollar pins except they are not as heavy.  I plan on using these for our centers this week.
 
We hope everyone has a great week at school.  :)
 
 
 
 

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment