Friday, August 17, 2012

Classroom Tour

My sister and I have been busy getting my kindergarten classroom ready for the first day of school.  This is my second year in this much larger classroom.  When I moved across the hall, I gained more floor space and a window.  However, I lost a storage closet.  The wall cabinets and the tall cabinet by the sink are all the storage I have in this room.  We have all the main items in place.  There are only a few small things I still need to add.  We hope you enjoy the classroom tour.  :)



You can see the student tables in this view.  I love these tables.  The school PTA purchased the tables for the kindergarten classes a few years ago.

Banner from Schoolgirl Style.  I closed the blinds to take this picture.  I usually keep the blinds open or up to let the sun shine in.  :)  In my old classroom I did not have a window.  :(



The word wall inspired by Chalk Talk.  Numeral cards inspired by The Very Busy Kindergarten.
(I still need to add pictures to the word wall.  The word wall cards are from Schoolgirl Style.)

My teacher table and small group area.  I moved my teacher desk out a few years ago.  This table is so much better and I do not miss the desk. 
Behavior Clip Chart.  (I still need to add my students' clothespins.)

Calendar area.  (I still need to add the year and season tags.)

The Lakeshore tubs help me stay organized for the week.

I saved the carpet roll from the Lakeshore rug to create our Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tree.  When I moved into this classroom, I had more room and was able to put the Chicka tree together.  :)
This is one of my favorite areas in the classroom.  I used the shelves above the sink to display some of our favorite books and book buddies.  Some of the book buddies are from Kohl's Cares and others are some I have collected over the years.  The kinderkids love when we read one of these books and take turns holding the book buddies.  :)

This display is in the hallway to welcome my new kinderkids.

This display is to the right of the Chicka welcome in the hallway.  It is inspired by Doodle Bugs Teaching. 


Each summer, my sister is such a good sport. As usual, we worked in my classroom with no air-conditioning. She is the BEST! I want to send a big THANK YOU to her. Don't worry, I always return the kindness by helping her with her classroom. By the way, she had air in her classroom. :)


I hope you enjoyed this little peek into our kindergarten classroom and that you have a GREAT school year!






Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment