Saturday, February 11, 2012

February Math Centers

Here are a few pictures of our math centers for February. Our centers are reinforcing addition skills, patterns, one-to-one correspondence, using ten frames to build teen numbers, counting tally marks, counting by fives and matching number words to the corresponding numeral.  (Sorry about the glare on the photos.  The centers are laminated and that caused the glare.)

Excitement is building for our class Valentine's Day party.  I am doing my best to keep my kinder kiddos focused and busy with our learning.  All they can think about is Valentine's Day.   :)


The kids are working on addition in this center.  They use pom-poms as counters.  I found the cute heart box at Target's Dollar Spot.


This is our ten frame center for teen numbers.  The kids really enjoy working with the ten frames and they are getting good at it. 


My class loves working with this pattern center.  Sometimes they like to use a pocket chart and other times they just like to work at a table.


More/Less center.  The kids choose a card and then compare the two numbers on the card.  They determine if the number with the cupid bear is more or less than the other number on the card.  Then they place the card on the correct mat.


The kids are practicing numerical order and number words with this center.



If you are interested, these centers can be found in our TpT store.

All the clipart used to create these centers is from KPM Doodles.  Her artwork is adorable!  Please check out her Etsy shop and blog at http://kpmdoodles.blogspot.com 

More math and literacy center pictures to come. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend.  :)




Signature

2 comments:

  1. I was looking everywhere for a great Write the Room activity for Valentine's this week and when I looked back at this packet, it dawned on me that I could use the Spelling section (word family picture cards and response sheets) as the perfect activity for Write the Room. :) I am LOVING this unit! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Blessings,
    Marlana
    Lil' Country Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay to Marlana for introducing me to your cute blog! Now I am going to nose around the joint... Looks wonderful so far!

    Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete